Update by user Jun 13, 2015

This happened in LANSING, Michigan. I don't know where the MCCOMB came from.

Original review posted by user Jun 12, 2015

We have a 3 week old and a 1 year old in the house. We needed help with cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the kitchen floor. That's why we called the "professional" cleaning service - Molly Maid. Apparently they don't clean bathrooms that really need cleaning. The qtips and dried banana (compliments of the 1 year old) on the floor were turned into "maggots and cat ***" as the two cleaners called their boss to tell her they wouldn't be cleaning our bathroom for the following reasons. I was insulted and let down. There is no place on the website where they say your bathroom has to be clean before the cleaning begins. I sent pictures of the messy bathroom to "the boss" - she said her crew doesn't carry hazmat suits. Another insult - all because of banana and qtips. I was extremely unhappy with the way I was treated, the lack of restrictions on their website, and wouldn't recommend them to anybody unless you just want somebody to polish your already pristine sink.

"Our services include a free in-home estimate, everything on your list, and more. From thorough kitchen and bath cleaning, to dusting base boards and emptying waste baskets - your Molly Maid home service professionals can do it all."

The above is from the Molly Maid website. I can attest that none of this is true. They will not clean your bathroom if your bathroom is truly in need of cleaning, at least due to qtips spilled on the floor and an inch of dried banana sitting in front of the sink. This is what fooled me. I read what they said and I believed that they would help a family in need. They will not. Do not set yourself up for embarrassment and personal insults from the boss. Molly Maid is only interested in cleaning an already clean bathroom.

I happily included pictures of my messy bathroom that Molly Maid reported was filled with maggots and cat *** and would require a hazmat suit to clean. What you really see, and what the boss really saw, was a messy bathroom with qtips on the floor, a dirty sink, bottles around the sink, and a couple empty toilet paper rolls. That's too much filth for Molly Maid to handle. They will insult you.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). monicairby is overall dissatisfied with Molly Maid and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about molly maid cleaning service at Molly Maid was being insulted Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Molly Maid.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cleaning Services category for more informed decision or compare Molly Maid to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Molly Maid?

Comments

wow, are you telling me...YOU cannot pickup a rotten banana off the floor???

to Anonymous #1005907

Thanks for the support, darling.It happened just that day, and since I'd called for help, I figured I'd get some.

So NO.

Right then I didn't pick up the banana.Now go visit someplace where you're more empathetic.

to Anonymous #1005910

Also it was not a WHOLE BANANA, it was a one inch square of a tiny piece of a banana. But whatever. My review stands as a consumer that was denied the services listed.

to Anonymous #1058670

You are a ridiculous troll, no client should ever be spoken to that way.Nor should they be denied a basic service, especially when they are paying such a high price.

To the woman who posted this, keep your chin up.This is by no means a reflection on you, I hope you find the help you need.

P.S- I am a housekeeper, and that bathroom is in a perfectly acceptable condition.

to Anonymous #1058968

Oh thank you for your comment Sweetheart! I had felt like such a horrible slob, but I was so over whelmed at the time.

meLively68
to Anonymous #1169007

You have little ones and lord knows how hard it is to keep up with them as well as keep a pristine home!!!!that is what cleaning services are FOR!!!!!

they are awful!!!!

You should never feel bad for asking for help from a company you are paying to do just that.

The woman who is the "boss" apparently doesn't like her job - why go into cleaning if that isn't what you really want to do?She was looking for a free ride - cleaning only clean homes is NOT what we call cleaning services for!

NEVER be embarrassed because of someone's judgement, they are NOT in your shoes!